Friday, November 8, 2013

I shmell someshing.

It's this pretty girl's birthday today, and I'm still a little bit in shock that she's 17. 
I'm in shock because it makes me feel old, and also because I think she's a lot older than she really is. 
Britt's the most mature person I know. She's my little sister, but she's way more responsible, organized, motivated, caring, and passionate than I am--or probably ever will be. 
She does everything I do, just better than I ever could. 
Not only does she do everything she wants to do, she does whatever I want her to do as well. 
Whether it's forcing her to play lacrosse, dragging her along for yet another unnecessary shopping spree, or making her make the brownies I need because I know I'll ruin them, she's always willing to help me out. 

We're eerily similar, and yet strikingly different, and I often question whether or not we're from the same gene pool. 
I love having dozens of people with me, and I don't mind attention. I live for the weekends and spending time with friends, and I hate quiet. 
Brittany is content with to spend time with a smaller group, and is even happier in a quiet place by herself with some random vampire book or her art stuff. 
She hates shopping, and is extremely good with money. 
She loves animals--one thing I will never understand. 
She's never been a huge girly-girl, but somehow manages to have the most beautiful head of hair I've seen short of Rapunzel in Tangled. 

Basically, she's everything good in this world. 
She has the kindest, softest heart of anybody I know.
She loves to serve and give to others, and spends more money on other people than she does on herself. 
She's motivated and focused, and one of the smartest people I know. 
She's a good listener, a great leader, and a better friend. 

She keeps me sane, and brings balance to my crazy life--and I'm so glad I have her to look up to. 
So thanks for being the best role model of a little sister a girl could ask for. I don't know what I'd do without you. Happy Birthday, Britty. :)  

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear what you think about what I have to say. Thanks for stopping by!