Tuesday, December 17, 2013

A bit unusual.

A tree made out of stuffed animals. 
Sounds crazy, right? Probably.
But I couldn't imagine Christmas without it. 
It's another tradition my Grandma started, but this one began before I was even born. 
It started on an old ladder with stuffed animals bound and tied to the frame, and became a pyramid frame with hooks when my Grandpa realized the tradition wasn't going anywhere. 
When my mom and her siblings all had homes and families of their own, the frame was adapted to a shower rod and peg boards in graduating sizes to make the tree shape you see now. 
Not only is this tradition unique to the Bell's, but each tree is different from house to house--except for one thing:
My Grandma loved the idea of the lamb and the lion, and each family has their own lamb and lion to place somewhere on the tree. 

The fact that it reminds me so much of my grandma is reason enough for me to love it--and look forward to "The Animal Tree" and it's decorating each year. 
It's different, but it's beautiful. 

What are some Christmas traditions that are unique to you and your family? 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear what you think about what I have to say. Thanks for stopping by!