Saturday, September 20, 2014

Sleep deprived and fabulous.

You'd think after two years of this, I'd get used to trying to get back in the swing of things once school starts again.
And you'd think after two years of this wonderful place I'd be able to say that I'd reached the highest of Aggie highs and it couldn't get any better.
You'd be wrong on both accounts.

The last month has been a whirlwind of recruiting, workshops, recruiting workshops, meetings, class, serving pancakes, writing essays, and spending time with the people that make Logan home.
The Judester got married--and if there's anything that makes me happy, it's making sure that the people I love are happy. Her wedding day was magical, and I loved that I got to be a part of it. 
The weekend before school started, I got to spend three days with my Kappa Delta sisters; preparing for this fall's recruitment and getting to know the girls I didn't know very well. If you ever needed a confidence boost, spend absurd amounts of time with 40 girls who share the same loves and ideals that you do...you'll feel like you can do anything when you're done. 
A new school year means new roommates...and this picture just about sums it all up. We can't take a decent picture together, we don't see each other unless we're getting into bed, and we make sure the other person gets to work on time. She's my person. That's all. 
Sorority recruitment is exhausting, exhilarating, and exciting--but it's worth every second of it. Because after a week of house tours, information packed nights, and a couple hours showing the girls that come around what our houses are all about...
We get to welcome new women into our sisterhood. And it was amazing how quickly I learned to love these new members, and even more amazing how quickly my love for Kappa Delta grew. 
Abby and I even found time to be crafty for our boys...a small price to pay for the things they put up with on a daily basis from the two of us. 
And when we finally put our books down for the week, take off our pencil skirts and heels after meeting, and clock out of good ole Village Inn, we get to have a little fun. Because every week should end in a party, especially if it's safari themed and we get to dance outside all night. 

Life is good. 
It doesn't always go as planned and sometimes it's not perfect. But that doesn't mean it's not wonderful, and worth every second. 
 
So good night world--here's to this year being the best year yet, because that's exactly what it's shaping up to be. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear what you think about what I have to say. Thanks for stopping by!