Wednesday, March 9, 2016

#InternationalWomensDay

Real quick, I'm not some ultra feminist. I don't think that men are overbearing [usually], and I don't want [all of] the responsibilities society has given them. Honestly, I think that a lot of the so-called feminist movement is entirely out of hand and people have lost sight of their original purpose. 
That's not to say I don't think women are pretty freaking incredible and celebrating us is something I can totally get behind. 
I think it's important to celebrate women because we're pretty cool, not because we're better than men. 
And most importantly, because I think the important women in my life need to be recognized. 
Like my mom, for standing behind me in everything I do even when I want to stand on my own. 
Or my grandma, for being my biggest hero. 
My sisters,  for being both my role models and the reason behind me trying to be better every day. 
My aunts, for being some of my biggest influences.
My best friends for testing me, loving me, and making it through life with me. 


Strong women are important because they can make or break a person, and I'm so glad the ones I know have made me into the person I am today.

"Here's to strong women. May we know them. May we be them. May we raise them." 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear what you think about what I have to say. Thanks for stopping by!