Wednesday, April 11, 2012

I get bored far too easily.

I have the attention span of a small child, and the patience of an even smaller human being. So, rather than waiting for my friend to hurry up and get married so she could start doing my hair again, I went ahead and scheduled an appointment at a real salon. (Gasp! This never happens. Like, ever. I'm all for Sally Beauty, bathroom sinks, and Sweet Home Alabama in the background of the Brian's or Smith's houses. Sue me.)
But I digress.
Since I was in seventh grade, I've had this nearly obsessive need for physical change. You name it, I've done it. Except tattoos. Extreme diets? Check. Over-exercise? Check. Every hair color from platinum to nearly black? Check. I don't know what it is, but something about being able to make me, the person I want to be never ceases to entertain me. That, and the fact that I can't do anything the same way for too long. Repetition not only bores me, but it terrifies me. What if someday, I get used to doing something one way for so long, that I can't do it any other way???
The fear is unwarranted, irrational, and silly. But I can't help it.

On a related note, prom is this Saturday. I. Am. So. Excited. I'm going with Matt Mansfield, one of my good friends, and I'm so glad I don't have to worry about impressing him. He's a sweetheart, and has already proved to me time and time again that this is going to be a great night, but it's nice to know that there's no pressure. My dress is fantastic, my date is a sweetheart, and oh! I GET TO RIDE IN A CORVETTE. Yeah, yeah, it's happened before and I've even driven one. But talk about arriving with class. We're going to look smoking.


So basically, life is good. And I get to feed my hair dye addiction tomorrow. Yay life!

Also, follow me on Instagram (ashlindberg) or on Twitter (@smash717) if you're not already. It'll be fun, I promise.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear what you think about what I have to say. Thanks for stopping by!