Sunday, April 1, 2012

I owe you a thank you.

I love General Conference weekend a whole lot, and this weekend was incredibly inspiring. I love this gospel, and I believe it with all my heart. Watching conference, surrounded by my siblings, listening to the words of our prophets and leaders made me realize how amazingly lucky I am, to live where I live, with the people I love, and the beliefs that I have.
If anything, I owe a few people a thank you.

Thank YOU, for helping me learn what I needed to in order to be the person I am today, and be headed where I am. For raising me with a significant amount of strength and confidence, an for supporting me in all I do.
Thank YOU, for holding me up and helping me through the many problems I've faced, and for not being afraid to let me know how you felt. For helping everything I want come around, even when we don't talk. For knowing me better than I know myself, and assuring me that I was OK just the way I am.
Thank YOU, for understanding me on a level that no one else does and allowing me to spill every ounce of my brain to you. For relating to me when no one else could, and being there hen everyone else turned their backs.
Thank YOU, for coming back when you had every right to walk away, and for sticking it out when everyone else left. For being the one person I am entirely comfortable around and being more like me than either of us want to admit.
Thank YOU, for keeping my head screwed on straight, and for teaching me that my opinions were worth fighting for. For making me believe in love, and making it seem worth it.
Thank YOU, for being there even when everyone walked away because of it. For giving me a reason to fight for my beliefs, and for making me look at things in a whole new light. For doing things that are out of your comfort zone to keep me happy, and giving me an idea of how it feels to be truly wanted.

Thank YOU, for making me, me.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear what you think about what I have to say. Thanks for stopping by!