Tuesday, October 16, 2012

Not perfect, but wonderful.

Curveballs are being thrown, ladies and gents. My major is being changed. I got a job. My roommates are the best friends I could ever ask for. And my best friends are leaving on missions. 
In preparation for Hailee's departure, Emi made me sign a "legally binding document" that says I won't get married until Hailee is home. Best part about it? Ron said that since the words "Binding legal documents" are written, and my signature is on there, she could sue if I get married. Shucks, looks like I'm out of the game for a few years. ;)
Kenzie turned 19! You won't meet a girl who is more sincere, more kind, and more willing to serve in your whole life. I can't even begin to count the times she's helped me with whatever I need, cooked for us, and cleaned up my messes. She's the most genuine person I've ever met, and I'm so glad I get to live with her this year. Happy birthday again Kenz, because you're great and you deserve it. 
Last Saturday was the LLS's Light the Night walk. Hailee, Emi and I put in a 14 hour volunteer shift--and I've never been more satisfied with what I was doing. Not only was I with my best friends, but I was helping Hailee out with something that she is truly passionate about, and something that hits close to home for me. It was cold, rainy, and muddy. But seeing the hundreds of people there to support the cause was incredible. We definitely lit up the night, and I'll be back to do it again. 
And last but not least, Kelsey gets a shout out of her own. This morning, she decided to go to the temple with a bunch of people. And being Kelsey, forgot her keys. I didn't even read these texts until 9:30, but it cracked me up. I seriously doubt that any one else's roommates would be this sweet while they were locked out at 6 am. 
Life certainly isn't perfect. In fact, it's downright hard most days. But sometimes there are things that happen and people that you're with that make it seem like the control you have over your life isn't as fleeting as you believe. They might be the five girls you live with who you can't wait to see again after the weekend, and stay up until the crack of dawn to fill each other in our your lives. They might be your parents who fill up your car and send you back to school with dessert even after you're only home to sleep and eat on the weekends. They might be the boys who fix you and your roommate's cars, and help you all study for your economics and biology and creative arts tests. They might be the best friends left at home that call you every day and make sure everything is good. 
Whoever they are, they make you keep control, and make everything seem tolerable. And I'm so grateful that I have those people in my life. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear what you think about what I have to say. Thanks for stopping by!