Friday, January 18, 2013

Getting a little crazy.

Sometimes, my family goes on vacation without me. So I get to make Aubrey's birthday cake while they're all driving home from Vegas...and I make Emily come help me. Chocolate chip cake and cream cheese frosting...it was divine. That's all. 
Having all these friends leaving on missions means that we attend farewell after farewell after farewell, and you start losing track of how many sacrament meetings you've gone to in the last month. Sunday was no different, until we got to Danny's and remembered that he was part of a Spanish-speaking ward! Talk about cool. We were the headsets for his talk, but I listened to the rest of the meeting in Spanish. This church is so true, friends. You can feel the spirit so strong in Sacrament meeting, regardless of what language is being spoken. 
We had a game night on Sunday night with just our roommates--after we finished watching the Bachelor of course--and somehow that turned into Kelsey telling our fortunes. Emi's was good, Lauren's was even better....but it all went downhill from there. 
Laur and I have a problem with dying our hair, and it may be starting to rub off on Emi. We did a lot of red in Laur's hair, and Emi decided she wanted some too. An hour later, she's got a whole layer of Ariel red and a bunch of random peek-throughs of platinum blonde and red. And it looks cool. 

Wednesday, we all drove down to Bountiful so we could watch Miss Kelsey open her mission call. I don't think I've ever seen Lauren so stressed, and none of us could hold still all day long. Kelsey will be leaving May 22, 2013 to serve in the Knoxville, Tennessee mission. She's going to be an incredible missionary, and I'm so grateful for her testimony and her example. :) Sadie's going to Taiwan, Spencer's going to Hong Kong, and Boston's going to Seattle. I couldn't be more proud of my friends and believe me when I say I'm so blessed to be able to call them my friends. 
These next couple of weeks are going to be crazy with all my best friends leaving/getting their calls, and I couldn't be happier. I hate saying goodbye..but I know they're headed where they're supposed to be going. 
The church is true folks, and I know it with all my heart. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear what you think about what I have to say. Thanks for stopping by!