Tuesday, January 29, 2013

I'm gonna miss you.

Goodbyes suck. Like cry-your-face-off, not being able to talk, and shaking hands suck...but sometimes they're for a good reason. Sending my best friends off around the world isn't what I wanted to be doing over the next six weeks, but I couldn't be more proud of them. Be prepared for some sappy stuff from here on out, but I'm a little bit emotional tonight and you get to deal with it. 


Tonight, I said goodbye to my best friend. The kid that since New Years of our sophomore year, I've hardly gone a day without talking to. He knows every single thing about me, and still loves me...and that's a whole lot to be grateful for. :) He held me together when my grandma passed away, came to my lacrosse games, and attempts to help me study biology, even though I fail. He makes me laugh harder than anybody else I know, and he's the one of two boys I know who would drop everything to change five flat tires in a matter of weeks. We've been through a lot in the last four years, and I'm not excited to face the next two with him 1,500 miles away.
And I'm going to miss him. 
I'm going to miss midnight car rides, game nights, bowling dates, and Coldstone runs. I'm going to miss that blue Mazda, vanilla air fresheners, and a million phone calls at any point in the day. I'm going to miss having a go-to flat tire changer, biology tutor, and ski-lift buddy. I'm going to miss hockey games, Aggie basketball, finding deer and Christmas light judging. I'm going to miss watching way too many NHL videos on YouTube, and the familiar CD's that he keeps in his car all the time. I'm going to have to figure out how to pop my own knuckles, drive in the dark without getting a migraine, and make my own decisions. I'm going to miss movie nights and listening to him laugh while I fall asleep on the couch in the middle of the show, yet again. I'm going to miss beating him at bowling, and wrecking his sister at Rook. (Sorry Nicole, but we're the reigning champions for the next two years.)  But most of all, I'm going to miss having someone there to call when I'm bored, have some dumb story to tell, or just need to talk. I'm going to miss knowing that someone who knows everything about me is only a phone call or an hour's drive away at most...and would drop just about anything to help me. 
But on the flip side...
I'm so excited for the people in Detroit to get to know and learn to love my best friend. I'm so excited for him to be able to serve those people, and to learn and grow as missionaries do. He's got a testimony that will change more lives than I have time to count, and a heart that loves like no one else. Detroit doesn't know what they have coming. And mainly, I'm excited because every day he's gone is one more day for me to learn and grow, and one day closer to him coming home. 

So here's to my best friend, for being everything a girl could want. I'm so grateful for him and his testimony, his example and his willingness to serve. 
I'll see ya in two, Bron. Love you. 

1 comment:

  1. Ooookay, I legitimately am tearing up at this.

    This was beautiful.

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear what you think about what I have to say. Thanks for stopping by!