Sunday, June 2, 2013

All under control.

I'm just warning you, there's a very good chance you won't really hear from me again until the end of June. SOAR starts on Monday (USU's new student orientation program that A-Team runs), Ragnar is in less than 20 days, I'm still working my serving job, and trying to balance a "thriving" social life and being a good daughter and sister on top of that. My calendar is jam-packed--but I love it. Time is flying by, I'm satisfied, and life is good. 
That said, there's a couple of things I need to get through my crazy busy life. Copying my 20x20 list, here's a list of: 
20 [inanimate] objects I can't function without [in no particular order]. 

1. Dr. Pepper. 
I have a problem with this stuff. Like a Marley+Diet Coke kind of problem. I don't like Coke, Diet Coke, Pepsi, Mt. Dew...any of that. But Dr. Pepper and I get along splendidly. 
2. Extra Polar Ice Gum. 
I rarely go a day without this gum in my purse, backpack, and car. I love peppermint, and this stuff is cold enough to make your eyes water. Perfect. 
3. Maybelline's Baby Lips chapstick [but only the "Quenched" flavor].
I hate lipgloss and lipstick; HATE them. But I always have chapstick with me. At the moment, this Baby Lips stuff is stealing my heart. I think I have every flavor...but Quenched takes the cake. 
4. My cell phone. 
It may just be the generation I'm a part of, but I don't go anywhere without it. They might be cliche reasons, but my calendar is all on there. I make my to-do lists, reminders, and random ideas on there. I can get ahold of anyone, and I'm not denying the fact that I'm an Instagram addict and a tweetoholic. 
5. Mascara, and lots of it [and by lots, I mean the four tubes I have in my makeup bag right now].
Eye makeup is the best, and mascara is my favorite part of that. I honestly have probably six different kinds in my possession, but I only use four on a regular basis. They all do different things, okay?? 
6. My planner/calendar. 
My planner is one of those super dorky ones that lets you plan your day hour by hour. I love it. And my calendars--yes, plural--keep my life in color-coded order. 
7. Rocky road ice cream.
Just ask Jon, and my roommates, how much I love ice cream. It's seriously my favorite food. 
8. John Frieda's Heat Defeat straightening spray. 
My hair is naturally curly...and by curly, I mean it gets ridiculously frizzy and thinks it's curling. This spray makes it straighten like a charm, smells good, and makes my hair soft. It's my favorite. 
9...and on that same note, my BaByliss blowdryer. 
Sometimes, my dad finds the best blowdryer my mom and I have ever owned...so we order two within a day of each other. Merry Christmas to us! 
10. The blanket my aunt Maddy and Grandma Jo made me for graduation. 
Don't laugh at me for this one [but even I think it's a tiny bit ridiculous]. For graduation, my aunt and Grandma Jo made this minky blanket for me to take up to school. It's a giant purple blanket made of pure heaven. I may or may not take it to and from home and my apartment with me, and I just might have trouble sleeping without it. My poor future husband. 
11. BIC fine point ballpoint pens. 
I hate inky, wet pens. I hate gel pens. Honestly, the best pens are the ones you get in hotel rooms or from banks...but fine point BIC pens are the next best thing. I have probably a dozen in my purse for work, and even more in my desk jars. It's an addiction. 
12. Avocados.
Lauren may be the only person on the planet that eats more avocados than I do. I could honestly eat them with just about anything. My favorite combination? Wheat toast, swiss cheese, and fresh avocados; all sprinkled with salt and pepper.  
13. My toothbrush+toothpaste+floss. 
I brush my teeth probably a million times a day. When I wake up, after I eat anything [I hate the taste food leaves in your mouth after a meal or a snack], before I leave the house, as soon as I get home, and before bed--and sometimes more than that. 
14. My usual jewelry. 
I cannot leave the house without my CTR ring, the ring I wear on my right middle finger, and some form of sparkly stud earrings in my ears. I'm also developing a ridiculous attachment to my collection of gold bracelets. 
15. Light.
Probaby the dumbest thing on this whole list, but it makes sense to me. Not just light in general, but natural light. Sun light. There's nothing that irritates me more than closed blinds and a light turned on. I love windows and sunshine...and I'm not afraid to admit that the dark still stresses me out.
16. Ice. 
I hate drinking anything without ice in it. Milk is the only thing I won't put ice in, and even then, I don't like milk, so...
17. Maxi skirts. 
I think I legitimately own 15. 
18. Crackers. 
Ask my roommates, I love crackers. Especially Goldfish. And Triscuits. And Saltines. As Kenzie says, "You can take Ashley's clothes and she wouldn't care. But mess with her crackers...." Judge me. 
19. Hair elastics. 
My hair is ridiculously babied. But as much as I pamper it, I still don't know how to focus with it down. If I'm doing homework, at work, or trying to be productive in basically any aspect of my life, I can almost guarantee my hair will be up in a knot on top of my head. I have yet to figure out how to do that with a pencil or something...so I keep a lifetime supply of black hair elastics in my possesion. 
20. My car.
If I need to calm down, I drive. If I'm bored, I drive. If I need to talk, I say, "let's go on a drive!" If I need to think, I drive. Ironically enough, I hate being the driver [this whole driving thing was a lot easier when Bronson was home. We both love car rides. And he loves driving. It worked out well]. I've learned that my car is the perfect place to think, cry, talk to myself [don't judge, you all do it too], and blast whatever music I want.

Basically, I know what I like. :)

It's officially Sunday, which means that SOAR starts tomorrow. I'm mostly excited, but a little bit freaked out. Let's hope USU's newest batch of students doesn't eat me alive the first day.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear what you think about what I have to say. Thanks for stopping by!