Sunday, August 18, 2013

One step back.


This is what has been staring me in the face for the last couple of weeks--well, this, and the hour by hour version of my life in my other planner. 
The next two and a half weeks have had me stressed, panicked, worried, and nervous; plus a whole lot of excited too. 
In the midst of moving this week, trying to juggle two jobs+a social life+a healthy sleep schedule...overwhelmed doesn't quite cover how I've been feeling. 
As I looked at my upcoming schedule, I spent a sad little minute questioning what on earth I was doing and wondering if I was wasting all my time and energy...until I got a stunning little reminder of what the heck was going on. 
One of my best friends is currently on a mission in Paris, France. She's like my twin sister; the one who finishes my sentences, answers the phone at 3 am, and reminds me where I'm going and who I want to be when I forget. 
I completely spaced emailing her Sunday night, and when I woke up Monday morning, I had a one sentence email waiting for me in my inbox. 
The subject line was, "I think you need this right now," and all the body of the message said was, 
"You're too blessed to be stressed. Love, Emily." 
I guess I forgot. 
Forgot that I'm living in one of the best cities on the planet, going to what I think is the best school. 
Forgot that I have a fantastic job, that lets me work with people day in and day out, answer questions that I had problems with not too long ago, and be with some of my favorite people all day long--and another that (while not my favorite) gives me a chance to talk to dozens of new people every day, and keeps me on my feet and distracted. 
Forgot that I'm studying something that I love--and devoting the next couple years of my life to becoming educated in a field I adore. 
I guess I forgot how incredibly lucky I am to be so busy doing the things I love. 
I really am way to blessed to be stressed.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear what you think about what I have to say. Thanks for stopping by!