Tuesday, December 30, 2014

My heart hurts.

My heart is a little sore today--and my eyes are tired of trying to stay dry. 
We lost an angel today, and heaven gained one incredible superhero. 
I'll miss Bret and his motorcycle and his cowboy hat and his animal cookie contributions to our summer barbecues. 
I'm going to miss his voice in our ward choir and the smile and hug he gave me every time I came home for the weekend. 
I'm going to miss him. We're all going to miss him, so much. 
But as much as we're going to miss our superhero, heaven needed Bret more than we did. 

Bret said it best: "I gave it all, there was nothing else to give." 
I'm honored to have known such an incredible man, and even more grateful that I had the opportunity to have him make such a profound impact on my life. 

Today, my heart aches and I don't really know what to say. 
Today, I'm extra grateful for the Plan of Salvation and the knowledge I have of the eternities and I can't wait for the time I get to see our favorite cowboy again. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear what you think about what I have to say. Thanks for stopping by!