Thursday, December 31, 2015

It's been real.

The new year always makes us victim to a dozen cliches, but this year taught me a lot about the world, life, and myself. 
The first one is the worst one, but that doesn't mean it is isn't survivable. 
You can't please everyone, and you can't solve every problem. Every once in a while, do what makes you happy.
Growing up means watching your heroes turn human in front of your eyes.
It's okay to walk away from people...but second [or third, or sometimes fifteenth] chances are okay too. 
Enjoy the little things. On the days when nothing is going right, it's going to be the midnight drink runs and canyon drives that keep you sane. 

I've watched hearts break and things fall apart. I've made new friends and reconnected with old ones. I've watched my siblings grow up more this year than I think they ever have. I've changed jobs and discovered all sorts of new opportunities. I figured out what makes me the most happy, and learned to listen to what I want. 
This year has been hard, there's no denying that. But it has also been a pretty magical one. 
Cheers to 2015, and here's to 2016. I can't wait to see what the next 365 have in store.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear what you think about what I have to say. Thanks for stopping by!