Sunday, February 12, 2012

You'll never understand.

Life comes at ya fast, right?
And sometimes it's all you can do to take a step back and just breathe.
We all have problems, but they don't define who we are.

The way we respond and react to them define us.
The way we treat others in the face of trials defines our character.

I have a quote on my mirror that says,
"Watch your thoughts, for they become words.
Watch your words, for they become actions.
Watch your actions, for they become habits.
Watch your habits, for they become character.
Watch your character, for it becomes your destiny."

I try really hard to not let my outlook on life be determined by the challenges I'm facing.
Just like I won't let an impossible run for practice determine my view of the weekend,
I can't let one bad scenario/decision/consequence determine my outlook on the rest of my life.

And while those around me may never understand why I react the way I do sometimes, in the long run only my opinion matters. And I'm happy with the way I respond, at least most of the time.

If anyone has a problem with that, they can deal with it. Once Upon a Time has a quote that says, "Your bad judgment is your problem, not mine."


But they also say, "All you did is show that anyone can change her life."

Our her outlook on life.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear what you think about what I have to say. Thanks for stopping by!