Thursday, April 18, 2013

Every good thing.

I've come to the conclusion that life likes making me emotional. 
This week, as we've been registering for the next semester, applying for new apartments, and packing up everything we own for our move home, I've realized once again how absolutely incredible this school year has been. 
In the last nine months, these girls have become my best friends, my sisters, and my go-to's. 
We've gone through break ups, finals weeks, and funerals together. 
We've sent off missionaries, opened mission calls, and been accepted to other schools. 
We've shared each other's clothes, dyed each other's hair, and made each other cry (ONLY ONCE, THOUGH).
You couldn't find five better people anywhere in the world. 
These are the girls who offered input on a letter to grandparents I hadn't seen in years, and then drove with me to find their house in the middle of the night. 
These are the girls who listened to my pointless rambling and endless whining about boys, and then got as excited as I did when things started working out. 
These are the girls who had Dr. Pepper and letters waiting for me the day I said goodbye to Bronson, and the ones who cried with me when I realized that a vast majority of my friends were leaving. 
These are the girls I stay up with all night talking about the future, doing homework, and thinking about life. 
They're the ones I go to for everything, the ones whose closets I share, the ones I hurry back up to Logan for. 
They're the first people I call when something good happens, and the ones I go crying to when something is wrong. 
They know what to do when I'm having a bad day, and how to knock my ego down a few steps when I'm being a brat. 

And I honestly don't know where I'd be without them. Kenzie makes fun of me because I say that everyone is my "best friend." But when it comes down to it, I really only have five of those. 
They've changed my life more in these last nine months than I would have ever imagined, and I am grateful for them every single day. 
Grateful for the fact that I've been able to call Emi my best friend for the last six years. 
Grateful for having Kenzie there with me every step of the way these last few months. 
Grateful that Adrienne thinks I'm worth living with another year. 
Grateful that I found another twin in Lauren. 
Grateful that Kelsey knows how to always make me laugh, and helped me survive last semester. 
But mostly, I'm grateful that somebody realized how much I needed these girls. 

So here's to us, 102. 
For making our freshman year the best it could have been, and for giving us the best friends a girl could ask for. Because even though all good things come to an end, we've got years ahead of us. 


I owe you the world, girls. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear what you think about what I have to say. Thanks for stopping by!