Sunday, April 7, 2013

One hundred percent.

General Conference weekend is easily the best 48 hours of the year. 
We get to listen to our prophet, apostles, priesthood leaders, and so many others speak to us about the truths of this gospel. 
I can't even begin to express the gratitude I have to be part of the only true church on this earth, and how blessed we are to have a living prophet who guides and directs us daily. 

General Conference is fun--I mean, there's nothing bad about watching it at home with your whole family, enough treats to fuel an army, and endless sheets of Conference Bingo. But it took until I was in high school to truly appreciate this weekend for what it is. 
I had a seminary lesson my second semester of high school that changed the way I looked at General Conference. 
It was right before the April conference, and I honestly felt like every aspect of my life was crumbling. 
My grandma was in a rehabilitation center after having a stroke and battling cancer for the second time. 
I was overwhelmed with the new world of AP testing and high school. 
I was stressed about everything and didn't have any idea what to do. 
I was sitting in seminary the week before conference [probably not paying very close attention, but what else is new] when Brother Burton said something that I decided I should do. 

"If you go into conference with a question, a sincere desire or personal problem, your Heavenly Father will hear and answer those questions. The talks will apply to your situation, and you will come out of Conference with answers you didn't have before." 

I did just that. And heard exactly what I needed to hear. Now, the worries and stress didn't disappear. But I now knew how to handle it, and everything that came about afterwards. 

Every conference since then, I've made sure to have a specific care in mind and pray for an answer prior to listening; and this year was no different. 
I know without a doubt that this church is true. And that we have a Heavenly Father that is listening to our prayers, and uses our priesthood leaders as tools to answer our prayers. 
If you didn't have the chance to listen to or watch General Conference this weekend, I highly suggest that you do. You can do that here.
I love this gospel, and every thing about it. That's all. 

1 comment:

I'd love to hear what you think about what I have to say. Thanks for stopping by!