Wednesday, January 8, 2014

Change is good.

2013 was wonderful, but the last couple of days have kept me thinking about what I can do to make 2014 even better. Because change is good--for everybody. 
Truthfully, I started some of these resolutions back in August with the new school year. But a couple of experiences recently [ie my savings account dwindling far too quickly & an insane lack of sleep this last semester] inspired the rest of them.

1. Take more shifts than I give away--because Village Inn really isn't as bad as it seems at 2:30 in the morning. And serving pancakes is way more productive than Pinterest or Instagram. 
2. Save more than I spend--I don't need another pair of shoes. Or another purse. Or dress. Or more nail polish or jewelry. 
3. Write more letters--not just to my missionary friends, either. Because who doesn't love getting mail? 
4. Read my scriptures every night--when I was on Seminary Council, I didn't miss a day for a year and a half. I want to be able to say that again. 
5. Get more sleep--5 or 6 hours a night didn't cut it last semester. 
6. Write in my journal every day--memories don't mean a thing if you can't remember them. This way, I'll remember what I wanted to tell everybody that comes home this year!
7. Drink more water--we all know it's completely unrealistic to say that I'm going to stop drinking Dr. Pepper. But I can say that I'll drink more water. 
8. Go to the temple at least twice a month--this one speaks for itself. 
9. Finish my 20 x 20 list. Or at least start it--I only have six months and nine days before it becomes irrelevant. 
10. Prioritize better--homework is more important than socializing. Sleep is more important than Netflix. Church & my family is more important than anything else. 

They're nothing monumental--but they'll keep me busy.

What are some of your New Years' resolutions? 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear what you think about what I have to say. Thanks for stopping by!