Friday, March 28, 2014

Friday Confessions: Big knows best.

Today's going to be one big confession post--so be ready!

It's "big appreciation week" for Kappa Delta, but I don't think the word appreciate covers how I feel about my big. Yes, I do appreciate her, but it goes so far beyond that. 
I admire her: her ability to stay calm in situations where I want to scream and the passion she pours into everything she does. 
I adore her: the way she squeals "LITTLE!!" when I walk into a room and the way she points out every giraffe related object in existence just for my benefit. 
I trust her: she knows every aspect of my life, and I let her give me advice on everything from boys to shoes and everything in between. 
I channel her: it's a rare day when I don't find myself saying "What would my big do?"
But most importantly, I love her: the way she looks out for me and checks in on me after work. Our big/little dates that usually involve way too much Dr. Pepper and shopping. [and I love the way we match--from our outfits to our names, most days.]

She's my biggest example of how to be a better friend, sister, daughter, sweetheart, wife [someday] and better person in general, and I'm so grateful for her influence in my life. I'm grateful that she's not only a best friend and a sister, but an example, cheerleader, shopping buddy, study partner, secret keeper, and role model. 
Happy Big Appreciation Week, biggie. I love you more than all the Dr. Pepper in the world! 

1 comment:

  1. Hi Ashley! I just found your blog and am a Kappa Delta at the University of Nebraska- Lincoln (Pi Chapter) It's always fun finding bloggers who are sisters, too! Look forward to following you!
    Katie
    midwesterncharmblog.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear what you think about what I have to say. Thanks for stopping by!