Sunday, March 31, 2013

On our way to the moon.

I guess you could say I'm a fan of Easter weekend. Lots of family [even family pictures], tons of food, and just enough friends to remind me how much I love my life. 
Jackson and I trekked down to Spanish Fork for the Festival of Colors--and by trek, I mean we drove for almost three hours to get there--and partied as we always do, this time with far too much color. 
And on the way home [stuck in stand still traffic again] we happened to pull up next to Mallory, who was driving up from California for Easter. Talk about the best surprise I've had in a really long time. 
After being stuck in a car with this kid for 5 hours, and discussing literally every single aspect of our lives possible, I realized just how much I'm going to miss him when he leaves on Wednesday. 
Jacks gave an incredible talk today about the Atonement, and I don't think the people of Hong Kong know how lucky they are to get him for the next two years. 
So for the next two years, I'll go on all our crazy adventures by myself. Write him play-by-plays of Psych so he doesn't miss our favorite TV show. Make dozens of playlists of all the new music he'll miss. And record the concerts we were going to go to so that he can watch them when he gets home. Because there's only so much you can do when your best friends are scattered across the globe. 
Good luck out there, Jackson. Learn how to like fish, and don't forget about how much we love Fall Out Boy. Because there's going to be a lot of both of those in our culdesac on the moon. 
Thanks for being the best friend, big brother, relationship counselor, and partner-in-crime a girl could ask for. I wouldn't be where I am without you. See ya in two, Ibble Song. 

1 comment:

I'd love to hear what you think about what I have to say. Thanks for stopping by!