Monday, May 20, 2013

Gone too soon.

Friday night, we had one final dinner as roommates before Kelsey leaves on Wednesday. While we were sitting at Zupa's, someone said something about how the next time we'll all be together, there'll be wedding rings involved. Just about blew my mind. 
For the last nine months, I've spent just about every waking moment with these five girls. We've cleaned, cried, yelled, slept, cooked, and laughed together; and they've become my very best friends. 
Kelsey goes into the MTC next Wednesday, and then we'll have 21 months before we're all together again.
Gives a whole new meaning to "see you soon."
I'm so excited for the people of Knoxville [not Nashville, contrary to popular belief] to get to know Kelsey. She's one of the most Christlike people I've ever met, and she's got a stronger testimony than just about anyone else I know. She's a ridiculously hard worker, and more motivated than I'll ever be. And those traits alone are going to help her work wonders in Tennessee. 

Yesterday was Boston's farewell too. Our mom's have been friends for a ridiculously long time, and we kind of got thrown together. That led to sleepovers every day of the week, daily homework sessions, and bike rides to our favorite swing set in Kaysville. Being a year old than me, Bost was always one step ahead and acted as the perfect example for me to follow. She heads to the MTC on the 5th of June before leaving for Spokane, Washington...and I feel like I'm losing a sister. She's taught me so much, and I look up to her and admire her more than anybody else.

Basically, I've been ridiculously lucky when it comes to my friends. They're incredible examples of Christlike lives, and they have testimonies that help mine grow every single day. I'm so proud of each and every one of them and their decision to serve, and I can't wait to add to my list of letter-writing buddies. Missionary work is such an amazing thing, and I'm so glad I get to see it happening on so many levels.
I went over to Bronson's house yesterday since it had been forever since I'd seen his family. After four hours of talking about everything under the sun, a snapchat conversation with Jonnynog, and updating them on everybody's lives; I realized just how lucky I was to have not only amazing friends, but to have  good relationships with their families as well. The Kunzler's are some incredible people, and I'm so glad they're a part of my life.
Last, but certainly not least, today was email day! Emily's been eating some freaky foods in Paris (rabbit, goat cheese, escargot, and pureed celery--whatever that means) and Hailee's companion knows next to no English (the word of the day was "sketchy" and her companion lost no time telling her, "Sister Henson, you look sketchy today." Oh the joys of a foreign language). Bronson's loving Michigan. (He also said a bunch of ward members had found my blog via Facebook...so hello to any new readers in Michigan! Take care of my best friend, alright?) And he sent me this picture saying, "I think this will make your day." He's changed so much in the last four months, and yet he hasn't changed at all. What a goof. 

Life is good, kids. So good. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear what you think about what I have to say. Thanks for stopping by!