Thursday, May 30, 2013

It's still weird.

It's been a year since I graduated from high school. A whole stinking year. 
Freaky how fast time flies without you realizing it. 
I posted this picture on my instagram account for my #tbt post of the week, and it made me think about how much has happened in the last 12 months. 
-I ran my third Ragnar relay (and my fourth happens in 21 days. I've already resigned myself to the fact that I'm dying on the trail). 
-I turned 18, and celebrated my birthday with 12 of my favorite people over a weekend in Park City.
 -I moved up to school with five of the best friends I've ever had...and have now sent one on a mission, one leaving in just under 70 days, one home to go to a different school, and found an apartment for the three of us left. 
 -I started hanging out with these boys again, and have watched my best friends leave on their missions (four months down today!). 
-I made USU's A-Team, changed my major twice, and survived a whole year of college on my own. 

It's weird to look back over a year and see how much has changed and how much I've accomplished in what seems like such a small amount of time. 
Girls my age are getting married, some of the boys have been gone almost a whole year, and I haven't seen some of the kids I grew up with in months. 
High school was great--for the most part--but I'm loving this whole "real world" thing. That doesn't mean it's necessarily all fun and games, but college definitely has it's perks; and I love every single minute of it. 

That said...here's a list of things I want to do by the time I'm 20 (which is about a year from now). 
What are some things you'd add/want to do? 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear what you think about what I have to say. Thanks for stopping by!