Monday, September 23, 2013

I stand all amazed.

I went home today, for the first time in what seems like forever--and luckily for me, it was our ward's primary program. 
Don't get me wrong, I love every Sunday. But there's something so special about the primary program I can't even handle it. 
My three-year-old sister Mary was the first talk, and to say that she blew me away would be an understatement. Not many kids her age can memorize a three minute talk, and give it as well as she did. 
One of the last parts of her talk had her saying, "I know..." and I don't think I've ever been so profoundly impacted by a child's testimony. Miss Mary knows that her Heavenly Father loves her, and she's not afraid to share her testimony...and I love that. 

Then in Relief Society, we talked about how our words influence those around us--mainly our children--and how important it is to be kind. It reminded me of this quote:
I think that sometimes, it's easy to forget how wonderful people can be. We get hung up on the snarky comments, the gossip, and the belittlement that happens--and forget entirely about the compliments, service, and kindness that the people around us share. 
That reminded me of this quote [welcome to my brain. Moving at a million miles a second, in seven thousand different directions].
I have never seen my Heavenly Father, but I do know Him--because of the people around me and the things they do. 
I see Him in the way Mary read me a book before I took a nap today. 
I see Him in the way Braxton will drive around with me for hours trying to calm me down and alleviate stress. 
I see Him in the way Hillary is always ready and willing to help, listen, and give her all. 
I see Him in the way Jon goes out of his way to make sure I'm okay. 
I see Him in the way my mom still texts me every time I drove home from Kaysville to make sure I made it to Logan safe. 
I see Him in the way Rachelle has dinner with my great-grandparents every week.
I see Him in the way people like the Smith's, Brimley's, Frodsham's, Fife's, and so many others have-maybe unknowingly-stepped in to fill the void left by family members. 
I see Him in the way Carrie and Clint come to Logan and visit with their boys when Clint has to work up here. 
I see Him in the way Bronson and Emily know exactly what I need to hear, even after 6+ months of not seeing each other. 
I've never seen my Heavenly Father, but He is familiar to me; and like Mary, I know he loves me. 
I'm blessed to be surrounded by so many good people--people who help me forget that not-so-good things that happen, and who truly amaze me on a regular basis. 
To say that I'm an incredibly lucky girl would be an understatement.

2 comments:

  1. Oh my heck Ashley, I just discovered your blog and I am in LOVE with it. You have such sweet insights about life and I love it! We are seriously like the same person, the only difference is that I'm at Weber State, wishing to be an Aggie, but I am also an English Major! :) Haha, I think we need to be friends. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well thank you, Chakell! It's nice to find people who share the same interests I do--especially English! Your blog is adorable. Thanks for stopping by! :)

      Delete

I'd love to hear what you think about what I have to say. Thanks for stopping by!