Monday, September 16, 2013

On the move.

Boots + scarves + tights + sweaters. 
Hot chocolate + rainstorms + fireplaces + hoodies.
Football games + changing leaves + thunderstorms + canyon drives.
Pumpkin spice everything + apple cider.
There's a couple dozen cliche reasons why I'm in love with fall--I'm not ashamed to admit I got overly excited when they told us peppermint hot chocolate was back on the menu at work. 
Don't get me wrong, I live for the summer: the sunshine, the water, the freedom, the adventures. 
But I thrive on the cozy comfort of the routine that comes in the fall.
Summer brings tan lines and snow cones and lake trips. 
But fall brings a set schedule, a routine, and a way to make organize the chaos that is life. 
And as much as I love the greens that come out in the spring, I'm in love with the changing leaves and stormy nights that fall brings. 
We're lucky that we basically get two starts to every year. 
January brings about change, but it's too cold and dark to hold any promises. 
Autumn's new start comes with a new schedule, new people, and in some cases, new places. 


Autumn is the like the world's last chance to prove itself before the cold settles in for months--especially in Logan. 

Football season has started, and it's almost time to make sure you have a jacket with you everywhere you go.
Hot chocolate sounds appealing again, and everything is pumpkin flavored. 
Tights aren't crazy anymore, and swimming is becoming a distant memory. 

Driving through Sardine Canyon yesterday on my way to Brigham City, you could feel a change in the air. The leaves are beginning to change color, and the sun isn't quite as intense. 
So as the greens and pinks fade to reds and golds, hold on to the memories that summer gave you--
but fall in love with autumn. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear what you think about what I have to say. Thanks for stopping by!