Friday, February 14, 2014

In the air.


love love--in every form.
Whether it's bf+gf love, the love I have for my Monsters in Literature class, family love, or the somewhat unhealthy love I have for shopping and Dr. Pepper...I love it.
Which is why I love Valentine's Day.
[I'm hopelessly single, folks. But that doesn't mean I have to call it Single's Awareness Day. Like they say....you don't need a Ferrari to be grateful on Thanksgiving, and you don't need a relationship to love on Valentine's. Preach it.]
I'm pretty vocal about my feelings [let's be real, I'm pretty vocal about everything] and I make a point to tell the people I care about "I love you" as often as possible. Because as cliche as it sounds, you never know when somebody needs to hear it, or when you're going to see them next...all that stuff.
As much as I say it, I've learned that love isn't only said in three words.
It's in the things you do for other people, the way you treat them, the things you say.

I hear it in every "how was work?" "I have a Dr. Pepper for you!" and "text me when you get home."
I see it in the faces of my little sisters when I walk in the door, the number of texts in my group messages, and the envelopes letters from my best friend come in.
I hear it in every "I need you in my life," "come hang out with me," and "I miss you."
I see it in goodnight texts from my dad, sleepovers with my best friends, and random pins on Pinterest.
I hear it in every "can you help me with this," "don't go home yet," and "see you tomorrow!"

Hemingway was right, love is a many splendored thing--and we'd be lost without it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear what you think about what I have to say. Thanks for stopping by!