Friday, February 28, 2014

Friday Confessions: The highest of highs.

You know those days where everything is so good that your cheeks hurt from smiling so much? 
I had seven of those this week. 
Saturday I spent at Mardi Gras dancing my heart out, and eating too much fast food with Taylor, Abby, Abigail, and Trent. 
Sunday I finally got to sleep in--and it was Sunday, which just makes it wonderful. 
Monday I had a chance to share my love for Utah State with some incoming freshmen--and it just reminded me how incredibly lucky I am to be attending a school I love and studying a subject I'm passionate about. Becoming an Aggie was truly the best decision I have ever made. 
Tuesday I spent in Salt Lake shopping with some friends, cheering on my favorite intramural basketball team for a full 40 seconds, and eating the best raspberry confetti cake I've ever tasted. 
Wednesday one of my professors told me he enjoyed my writing style more than any student he'd ever taught, and he looked forward to my comments in class every MW&F and my favorite men named me their fraternity sweetheart. The sun was shining all day, and my room has smelled like roses ever since.
Thursday I got my butt kicked in Pilates, signed a contract for an apartment with Judy for the forseeable future, and celebrated USU-SA election victories at Chili's with some wonderful people. 
And tonight was full of Frozen sing-a-longs, decorating cupcakes, and listening to the rain. 

It's been one of those weeks where everything is happy--and even the worst day is so good it's not fair. 
So now it's time for some happy confessions: 
1. I've always gotten along better with boys than girls--the number of boy best friends I have is at least triple that of girl best friends. So it should come as no surprise that I adore each and every one of the Sigma Phi Epsilon brothers more than I can describe. I'd do just about anything for all of them, and I'm content knowing that whenever I walk into their house there's somebody waiting with a hug, somebody willing to go on a Dr. Pepper run with me, and somebody to talk to. I'm beyond ready to rock the purple and red for them. 
2. I may or may not use Jimmy Fallon as an excuse to stop whatever I'm doing for an hour. If he and JT could work together every night, I'd never stop laughing. 
3. I have a weird fascination with Anastasia--and not just the Disney movie. I love books about her, websites about her, and am kind of sketched out by the fact that she died on my birthday, even if it was 76 years earlier. Real history aside, I love the animated movie too and think she got gypped out of being a Disney princess. 
4. This sums up my life more completely than I'd like to admit. 
5. Avril Lavigne + Fall Out Boy make up my workout playlist lately, and I'm not ashamed--not even a little bit. 

Tomorrow is Kappa Delta's Shamrock Bake-Off--so if any of you lovelies are in Logan and are craving some delicious baked goods, head to the Taggart Student Center between 1-4. It's $3, and the money goes to Prevent Child Abuse America. It's a good cause, and it will be worth your while. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear what you think about what I have to say. Thanks for stopping by!