Monday, November 17, 2014

I call it magic.

I'm a real slacker when it comes to gratitude posts. 
But I'm grateful for a million and a half things--so I figured it's time to get started.
[don't worry--there will be more coming]
1. They've seen me sobbing on my bed when my best friend left on his mission, at 4 am during a stressful finals week, and on my way out of the door for a first date. I got supremely lucky when it came to roommates, because despite different schools, missions across the country, and even wedding rings, they'll forever be my Snitches. [and we'll all be back together for the first time in 18 months in less than 90 days and I'm so excited I could cry]. 
2. This little one loves me unconditionally, and I mean that to the fullest extent of the word. Even when I go home for the weekend and make her fend for herself, when I get distracted by various things [boys], or when I'm busy with who knows what, she's the first to give me a hug when I walk in the door and she leaves me the most perfect presents at the most perfect times. She's the most caring person I know--and she keeps me on track. 
3.  There's seven wonderful reasons I ache to be home on Sunday nights, seven people I want to talk to when everything is going right (or wrong), and seven hugs I want as soon as my car hits the Davis County line. My family group message is the highlight of my day, and FaceTime dates with the babies are my favorite distractions. I'm so lucky to have a family that motivates me, supports me, and loves me the way mine does--and I'm fairly certain they'll always be my biggest blessing. 
4. Nobody puts up with me quite as much as he does. He handles the approximately 20,000 "I HAVE A STORY FOR YOU" texts a day like a champ [especially because most of them are things I can't remember], the incessant teasing he puts up with [from me and because of me] is unreal, and somehow he never fails to make me laugh. Despite everyone else's best efforts, he'll always be my SnapChat best friend, the one person who doesn't have to ask before stealing my Dr. Pepper, and the only boy I won't endlessly judge for wearing camo.
5. "That top part of the Celestial Kingdom? Yeah, I'm going there." She's my better half--and that about sums it up. She talks me out of stupid decisions, and when I'm too stubborn to agree, helps me clean up the mess afterwards. She pushes me to step out of my comfort zone, and finishes my sentences [even when we're writing notes to each other]. We're really bad at being quiet together, and we take the world's most awkward pictures--and I'll never get over how grateful I am for her never-ending advice and love. She's my superhero best friend, whether she'll take the title or not. 

Maybe someday I'll understand how I got to be so lucky, but until then? I'm just going to keep on counting my people--because my people are my biggest blessings. And I'm just the luckiest. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear what you think about what I have to say. Thanks for stopping by!