Saturday, June 2, 2012

All good things come to an end.

Well. We did it. Twelve years of schooling, teachers, homework, tests, and social circles are finally over. We graduated. I didn't even trip. And they played the school song for the last time--it sounded like a funeral march. Fitting? or eery? Anyway. (Sidenote: Only at Davis High could you graduate and not know the person sitting right next to you. Seriously. I'd never seen--or heard--of her in my life. Better late than never, right?) The class of 2012 accomplished a lot. Multiple state titles, record breaking academics and test scores, and we were the first class in all 98 to ever get kicked out of a dance. I'd say we're winners. But the those things are all good, and fun, but the things that matter most are the people we met and the people we've become. Conveniently, those two subjects are directly linked. These girls survived nearly 12 years of school with me, except for the couple years they decided to be smarter than I was and go to Spectrum. But we all make mistakes. ;) But really, we've been through a lot. And in less than two months, we'll be two hours away from each other, and leading separate lives. It's a little odd. 
So as my favorite ginger heads off to Europe for a month,and the lone blonde betters the lives of underprivileged children, I just want to say thank you. 

In other news, I had a massive dinner of sushi with my parents. Mmmmm. I could eat that stuff all day, everyday. My husband better like it, or we could have some serious issues. Also, the all night party was fantastic. However, I wouldn't recommend doing Flowrider and iRock early, because then you're exhausted. Also, don't let your best friend belay you on the rock wall...I almost died. But that's another story. We bowled more than I ever have in my entire life, climbed walls, earned ticked, and won the sickest t-shirts in existence. (It has a giraffe with a mustache on it. Is there anything better??) I got home at 4, and slept til noon. I'm sore, tired, and not wanting to go to work tonight. But it was so worth it. 

We did it, kids. We really did. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear what you think about what I have to say. Thanks for stopping by!