Monday, June 25, 2012

We called it an adventure.

My aunt Amy is in town with her family--they live in Portland, Oregon--so this week, we planned all sorts of activities to keep us all sp busy we didn't have time to think straight. Today? We took everyone to Lagoon. And although it was pure chaos at meal times and finding an even number of people to go on every ride was crazy, it was fun. My feet won't forgive me for a while, but memories are worth it, right? 
We made all the kids go on Wicked, at least the ones who were tall enough to do so. This picture was waiting in line, before Dallin and Davis (the little boys pictured) screamed like little girls, and Emily asked, during a dead stop no less, "Dad? Are we still upside down?" They loved it, a fact they'd only admit after they were on solid ground again and far enough away we couldn't rush them back in line. 

For some odd reason, my family found a strange delight in Rattlesnake Rapids. Like, we rode the ride a combined total of 50+ times. Granted, there were at least 20 of us that went, but still. Numbers, people. After a majority of us decided we were done being wet, Grandpa and Jo decided they wanted to keep riding. So they took a bunch of the kids, and the rest of us watched....and paid for the water geysers to go off on them at every possible second. As if they weren't already wet enough. Aubrey was freezing cold, and my Grandpa and Jo looked....rather damp the rest of the day. 

I played the best big sister ever for part of the afternoon, and took Mary and Aubrey on just about every ride in Kiddieland. Mary asked and asked to go on these cars, even though I warned her she'd be bored after the roller coaster. She insisted, so I put her on it with Addy, Lauren, and Aubrey. As she came to the end where we were all waiting, she pounded her fists on the steering wheel and said, "Ash. That was the lamest ride, EVER." Told ya so. 
With a bunch of little kids, the train was an obvious choice for a ride. But then, we found out there were animals to see. If someone had told me I could see a zebra, lion, Siberian tiger, ostrich, llama, panther, and a stinking kangaroo within walking distance from my house, I would never go to Hogle Zoo again. Except for the giraffes. They're worth the drive. 

If Addy's little face here doesn't sum up the excitement these kids had all day, I don't know what would. Tomorrow, we're off to some museum at BYU to look at all sorts of animals and eat massive hot dogs, which should keep everyone happy. Plus, BYU friends are planning on making an appearance. Yay college friends! (I used an exclamation point. That's big. Which means I'm excited.) Also, three days until PC. The excitement is escalating. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear what you think about what I have to say. Thanks for stopping by!