Wednesday, July 17, 2013

19 years young.

Maria from Sewn by Maria nominated me for a Liebster award! I've seen these around the blogs I follow, and never would have guessed I'd get one. Probably one of the coolest birthday surprises I've had today! 
Here's what the Liebster Award is:


The definition:
Liebster is German for sweetest, kindest, nicest, dearest, beloved, lovely, kind, pleasant, valued, cute, endearing, and welcome. How nice is that?
Blogging is about building a community and it's a great way to connect with other bloggers and help spread the word about newer bloggers and blogs.


The rules:
1. Thank your Liebster Blog Award presenter on your blog and link back to the blogger who presented this award to you.
2. Answer the 11 questions from the nominator, list 11 random facts about yourself, and create 11 questions for your nominees.
3. Present the Liebster Blog Award to 11 other blogs of 200 followers or less who you feel deserve to be noticed and leave a comment on their blog to let them know they have been chosen.
4. Copy/paste the blog award on your blog.

11 Questions from Maria:
1. Why do you blog? I'm an English Literature major, and writing has always been my happy place. I love words, and I love meeting and finding out about new people. Blogging is my favorite outlet to do just that. I was also a layout/graphic design manager for my high school, and blogging lets me do a little bit more of what I love. I miss working on layout and design more than any other part of high school, and this lets me experiment in my own way! 
2. Dogs or Cats? Honestly, I'm not much of an animal person. But I think I'd choose dogs. My family has a German Shepherd, and we...tolerate...each other. But I'm not huge on animals. 
3. What is your favorite color? Grey. Dumb as it sounds, it's true. Or purple. 
4. What is the strangest food you've ever eaten? I really don't think any food is that strange! My family loves sushi, so we eat a lot of that raw fish, caviar, seaweed. I love calimari as well. I'm not a picky eater by any stretch of the imagination! I just really don't like milk or bananas. That's it! 
5. What is your favorite movie? I really love all movies! Some of my favorites are 17 Again, Safe Haven, Taken, Get Smart, Funny Face, Breakfast at Tiffany's, Miracle, Mean Girls...
6. What's your favorite music genre? Anything but rap. I'm a huge country fan--it's on my bucket list to see Brad Paisley and Carrie Underwood before I die--but I also love artists like Fall Out Boy, Jimmy Eat World, Mayday Parade, Go Radio, We Are the In Crowd, Bon Iver, Sara Bareilles, Regina Spektor, Ed Sheeran, Of Monsters and Men, and so many more. 
7. What do you want to be when you grow up? ;) A mom. That's really all. :) I'm an English Major, and I've wanted to be a broadcast journalist since I was little. But ultimately, I just want my own family to take care of. 
8. If you got to name your own planet, what would you name it? Pluto. He got gipped. 

9. Who is your hero? My grandma. She passed away when I was a sophomore, and I still consider that one of the hardest experiences of my life. I learned so much about family, grief, and myself...but I wouldn't want to go through that again for all the money in the world. My grandma was the perfect example of love, service, and selflessness. I just hope I can be half the person she was some day! 

10. What is your favorite holiday and why? I LOVE the Fourth of July. Fireworks, BBQs, friends, and it's in the middle of the summer. I just love America, I guess. 
11. What is your favorite family tradition? Not a very sentimental one, but I love it anyway: when I was in elementary school, a really good family friend fell off his roof putting Christmas lights up [he was OK, don't worry!]. In an attempt to make light of a scary situation, my family created a mannequin in honor of him, and placed him on our roof so that it looked like he was falling as well. Our neighbors loved it so much that we have continued to place Steve on our roof in various poses every year since! We recently moved to another house in our neighborhood, and people now drive INTO our culdesac just to see Steve. Inventing his pose and watching people's reactions as they see him is one of my favorite family traditions. 

11 Random facts about ME:
1. I'm currently a student at Utah State--and I'll be an Aggie til the day I die, but I want to go to cosmetology school someday and open my own salon.
2. I love Audrey Hepburn. 
3. I'm a natural blonde, and my hair is naturally curly. Hair-dye and my flat iron have become my best friends over the years. 
4. I was the Computer Technology Sterling Scholar for the Northwest Region of Utah [and I have absolutely no idea how computer coding or any of that stuff works. Thank heavens for layout and design].
5. I don't like dessert unless it's chocolate. Anything else is a waste of calories. 
6. I'd be completely satisfied if the only foods left on Earth were avocados and chocolate ice cream. 
7. I have an aunt that is two years younger than me, and an uncle that is two years older. 
8. I probably talk more than anybody else on the planet. The first time I came home from school, my parents looked at each other and said, "I finally figured out why it's so quiet now. You talk so much, Ashley!" Whoops. Like I said, I love words. 
9. I don't have a single athletic bone in my body, but I love to run. I've completed the Ragnar Wasatch Back four times! 
10. I can name just about any font in the Adobe Creative Suite and I'm a closet art history nerd. I took AP Art History my senior year and have never loved reading a textbook more in my life. 
11. I once spent an entire summer in Nauvoo performing in the Nauvoo pageant for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints. 

My Blogger Nominees:
1. Bre from all about bre.  We went to high school together, and I'm in love with her and Dalton's relationship [Dalt also happens to be one of my best friend's cousins]!
2. Mckenzie from Makin' the Most of the Moments. One of my roommates and very best friends in the whole world. 
3. Jessica from Oh the Blissful Life.  Jess has the cutest style, some great tutorials, and I just adore her. 
4. Karli from After the Manner of Happiness. Cutest love story ever. Pretty sure she doesn't even know I exist, but I'm in love with her blog.  

11 Questions for my Nominees:
1. What is one food you couldn't live without? 
2. If you could go anywhere in the world by any means of transportation, where would it be and how? 
3. You've invented a candy. What's it called? What does it taste like?
4. Three celebrities you want to be best friends with? 
5. Most irrational fear that you have? 
6. What is your favorite line of song lyrics?
7. One movie you wish you had been cast in?
8. What item on your bucket list are you most excited to complete?
9. Least favorite TV show? 
10. What Disney princess are you most like? 
11. What is your pet peeve? 

Thank you again for the nomination, Maria! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear what you think about what I have to say. Thanks for stopping by!