Friday, July 5, 2013

God bless America.

I don't think there's a holiday I love more than the 4th of July. 
It's the middle of summer, you get to eat BBQ all day, and end the night with fireworks. I can't think of anything better than that. 
This year, I went to Huntsville with a bunch of A-Teamers & friends. 
We barbecued all sorts of hot dogs, kebabs, meat slabs, and french bread. 
We watched people get hypnotized, tried on some fairly ridiculous cowboy hats, and danced like a bunch of white kids. 
And then we watched the fireworks and sang along with Toby Keith at the top of our lungs. 
[This is the song we were all screaming. Nothing says "America" like an angry country singer, right?]

America is a wonderful place. We have the freedom to do what we want, when we want, with who we want, how we want. There's nowhere else you celebrate your country's birthday with thousands of fireworks across the nation...and I'm so blessed to call this place home. 
Happy [late] Fourth of July! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear what you think about what I have to say. Thanks for stopping by!