Monday, May 28, 2012

All dressed up, nowhere to go.

It's been one of those weekends, where I'm craving something that I can't figure out. There's something out there I need to do, but I just can't decide what that is.
So. Rather than hurt my brain trying to find the reason, I resorted to hair dye again. Tomorrow evening...this lion's mane of hair will be new again. And really, I think I need to find a recovery group because this is getting out of hand. I guess there are worse things I could be doing, but all this dye is getting to my head. (Just kidding. But it does make me wish I had a cosmetologists' license. Really bad.)
Issue numero dos. Ragnar is in less than three weeks, and my legs total 19.8 miles. My longest leg is 7.3 miles, and I can't remember the last time I ran more than 5 consecutive miles--not counting last year's relay. Whoops. So starting June 2nd, you better believe this girl will be running her butt off, quite literally. Hopefully, I'll get some kind of tan in the process. Because swimsuits are no fun when you glow.

In other news, I have the greatest family on the planet. My grandpa owns a time share at the Marriott Mountainside Resort in Park City, and has his week the last week of June. Conveniently, nobody wanted it the last three days. Equally as convenient, Emi's 18th birthday is that Friday, and so we get three of the rooms for a fabulous 18th birthday retreat. My aunt and uncle agreed to play chaperone, so for two days and nights, us girls and the boys we decide we want there get to swim, eat, shop, and slide to our heart's content. It's kind of our last hurrah before everyone moves. And I'm so excited it isn't even funny. Another sign you're growing up? Your parents agree to let boys come on the trip with barely a moments thought. (Thanks Clint and Carrie for chaperoning.:))

I graduate in roughly 90 hours. And if that isn't the weirdest statement I have ever uttered, I don't know what is. It's finally coming. However, I have yet to find a dress. We'll work on that once the hair is done.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear what you think about what I have to say. Thanks for stopping by!