Sunday, May 20, 2012

One day down.

I graduated from seminary today. (!!!!!!!!) One graduation done, one to go. Basically, I'm terrified/scared/nervous/stoked/amazed/excited to be graduating. Because for soo long, we all dream of graduating, of moving on; and now that it's here, I really don't know what to do. So as I sat on my driveway pondering life with one of my best friends, I started thinking about everything I've done/wanted to do/never accomplished.

-I wanted to be a photographer. I took photography classes sophomore year, and have mindlessly searched photography tips for hours on end. But I guess I don't have the patience, or something, because it never worked out. However, I have had the chance to do shoots with some fabulous photographers, and I hope I get to do some more soon.
-I wanted to be a class officer/SBO. Ran twice, but it never worked out. Looking back though, it's better that way. I had the opportunity to do so many other things that I wouldn't have been able to if I was busy being official. I did however, get to be part of the junior and senior class committees, which was basically the same thing without the jacket. I'd recommend it to anyone. :)
-I've always wanted to be a designer. I love clothes, color, and fashion, and I stalk websites and blogs continually. This year, I got to be part of the design board for the 2012 Prom Line at Kathleen's Bridal and Formal Wear in Kaysville. It was just a small realization of a silly dream, but it happened. And my prom dress was even more special since I got to help design it.
-I wanted to sing and dance on stage. I have an almost unhealthy obsession with Broadway, and I would have loved to be a part of that. But Musical Productions never worked out, and I haven't been able to find the time for any outside theater either. I have gained a better appreciation for the "arts" though, and I never miss a performance that my friends are in.
-I wanted to be on TV. Stupid, huh? But by participating in D-TV for the last 3 years, I had the chance to do just that every single week. Sure, it wasn't national television or even a local news network. But the people I was with everyday saw it, so it was kind of the same thing.

The more I think about it, the more I realize that I've done just about everything I wanted to in the last three years. No, I'm not some world renowned photographer, and my voice will never sell millions of CDs. But I'm proud of who I am, and the things I've done. And? I'm more than a little excited for the future.

In a somewhat related side note, I may or may not be participating in the Miss Kaysville-Fruit Heights pageant. We'll see.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear what you think about what I have to say. Thanks for stopping by!