Thursday, July 19, 2012

It's not that serious.

BIRTHDAY. I'm 18. Which means I can sign my own release forms and vote and stuff. Yay. Also, it means I have to do grown up stuff, like work 12 hours on my birthday. But it's okay...waitress lesson 208: If your coworkers sing Happy Birthday to you right as the dinner rush comes in, people tip way better. Just keep that in mind. Also, it doesn't hurt if you're outrageously happy because you just ate a massive slice of chocolate cake. In other words, I'm alright with work. We--meaning Emi, Kyle, Hailee, Morgan and Max--watched the Dark Knight that night as well, in preparation for...
a private screening of the Dark Knight Rises. Where of course, we had to be the psycho teenagers..adults?...that we are, and dress up. Well, Kyle did. Complete with fake scars, a velvet purple blazer, and green hair paint. The looks we got were priceless. If you're not planning on seeing that movie, I would highly recommend that you change your mind quickly. It was incredible. The Dark Knight was, well, dark, but this one was just downright awesome. A little jumpy, and definitely intense. I'm pretty sure I have an ulcer from the last 30 minutes. So worth it though. The ending will keep you thinking for basically ever, especially after you realize that Batman is a trilogy, and this is the end. So. GOOD. AND! I got a Macbook Air. Best half purchase I ever made. Thanks Mom and Dad for pitching in. :) 

On a completely unrelated note, my friend Alayna Brian is getting married tomorrow. I've looked up to Laynie since we went to youth conference at Snow College when I was barely 14. She's basically one of the most wonderful people I've ever met, and I want a love like her and Brian's someday. They epitomize the phrase "a match made in heaven." So, Miss Laynie. Thank you for being such an incredible example to me as I grew up, and for letting me tag along with you through various girls' camps and youth conferences. Someday, I hope to be able to perform Ingrid on the ukelele around the campfire like you can, and have as fantastic of a wardrobe as you do. Also, I'm fairly certain I'll never forget the lessons you gave us in kissing...strawberry bubblicious and rock stars, anyone? You're incredible, my friend, and I wish nothing but the very best for you and Brian as you start your life together. Congrats, lovebirds. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear what you think about what I have to say. Thanks for stopping by!