Friday, July 13, 2012

You could be my favorite.


Since it's only been approximately twelve years since I posted, I'm running low on pictures and stories. Oh wait. Fourth of July, Girls Camp, and all the random adventures that come with being the only child in a world full of adults have been happening. What of it. 
On the Fourth, my family went on a hike up Waterfall Canyon with the Smith's. We found a little cave--that I wouldn't go into...SPIDERS--and Mary stuck her head through the little opening and...posed. Of course. What else would we expect. 
After our hike, we went to breakfast at a little diner called Moore's Cafe, and ate enough food to sell them out of their special. Our bad. But seriously, this was the best pancake I had ever eaten. So thick and fluffy and full of whole, fresh blueberries. Mmmm. 
I'm the world's best babysitter (maybe, not really, okay.) And so I get to spend everyday from 8-5 with Monroe, who's 5 and Elly, who's 2. They're adorable, and they let me do whatever I want. Which usually involves whatever will keep them laughing and happy. Today? That was a fort that stretched across their whole living room and up the stairs. They played for hours, and gave me a chance to finish my book. WINNING. 
I saw the Katy Perry movie last night...and it was incredible. Like, Hailee-and-I-were-giggling-the-whole-time-and-squealing-like-four-year-olds incredible. Poor Kyle was so sick of us. Oh well. So tonight while we waited for Emi, we baked a cake. Which was supposed to be turquoise and coral...but ended up looking like a fantastic mix of Katy's greatest hair colors. It's probably fine. 

In other news, my mama is starting a cake business. And she's good. If any of you are interested in buying a pretty--and yummmmmy--cake, she'd be happy to do it. Check her website out here. 

Four days left in the 18 TIL 18 COUNTDOWN. Yay for the last few hours of being a child. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear what you think about what I have to say. Thanks for stopping by!