Tuesday, July 24, 2012

Welcome to the family.


This is Fred the penguin. He's saying hi--Say, "Hi, Fred!" (Ignore my face. This whole parenting thing is hard.) He's the newest member of the sexy seven minus one, and the first child. Also, his "birth" brought about a charitable donation, so we feel like it was a good move on our part. He dances, but only for Kyle. He dives off furniture, but only for Hailee. He goes on diets, but only for Emi. We have yet to figure out what he'll do for me, but we've got time.

Speaking of Hailee, here's a little shoutout to my best friend. She's one of the best people I know, hands down. And when I say that, I mean it. She's dropped everything she had--work, school, family stuff--to come to my lacrosse games, Maddy's performances, assist me with financial lit packets, attend hockey games I'm not supposed to be at, you name it. She's one in a million. She and I also have the pleasure/misfortune of having the same brain. Neither of us have an original thought, and all our ideas are collaborative. Hailee puts her heart and soul into everything she does, and you can be sure that if you ask her to do something, it will get done. She'll do anything for anyone, but rarely asks for anything in return, something I tend to take advantage of. I'm working on that. Hailee really is one of the best listeners I know, and she can talk my crazy brain out of or into anything if it needs be. She's extraordinary, and I'm so glad she's one of my best friends.

Life is good, folks. Real good. I got to see my oldest best friend today for the first time in a month and a half--stupid boys who decide to go to Alabama for school--and I get to head up to Logan tomorrow and attend a family "reunion" of sorts. I'm just lucky, I suppose. Or blessed. Very, very, very blessed.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear what you think about what I have to say. Thanks for stopping by!