Sunday, July 15, 2012

This will always be home.

Sundays are usually long to me for some reason, but today? I've never been more content. The "bike gang" invaded our driveway and we showed our beach cruisers off to the culdesac. We visited Stella, and saw the coolest--and only--collection of owl figurines I've ever seen. And to top it all off, we had upwards of 20 people in the "social circle" in our front yard until 10:30. Your neighbors may be fun and all, but mine are something else entirely. I've got multiple sets of parents, and uncountable siblings. And I wouldn't trade it for anything in the world.
Two years ago, we moved from our house on 1250 into the culdesac next door, just a few months after my grandma passed away. Big changes were a huge part of life that year, and leaving a house that I'd grown up in was really weird, especially since we now live less than 500 yards from it. To top it all off, the next summer we moved my grandpa and aunt out of the house that my mom grew up in. I drove past it last night to watch fireworks, and that was weird. It made my heart hurt--and I know I say that all the time--to remember everything that happened there and how much of my life revolved around that place. But situations change and things happen. We all move on.
Not many people can say they've lived in multiple houses in the same neighborhood, but we're just one of a few in our ward that can. We're stuck here, for good. This is the neighborhood I'll bring my kids home to someday, and these are the people I will always say influenced me the very most. I may be moving away in a month, but that won't change much. We all come back in one way or another, and I know I will.  And no matter where I go, I know that this place? It will always be home.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear what you think about what I have to say. Thanks for stopping by!