Wednesday, August 22, 2012

It started out like this.

We're officially in. It's a little weird. However, it's probably the best thing we've ever done. Hanging out with random strangers until the wee hours of the morning, and exploring a campus that is too big for our own good. We go to sleep at like 11....(just kidding, HI MOM!) And wake up at seven in order to get to a class that is a huge waste of time. [disclaimer: we do not share a bed. This was just for the sake of sending a picture to my mom of us going to bed, on time.]
Kelsey and Lauren are Utah State Ambassadors, so they get to go to spiffy leadership conferences and spend the week in Bear Lake. [Hey guys. Come home. We miss you.] So while they get to go to these conferences, they also get food. Being the wonderful roommates that they are, they bring us back coookies since we are starving college students and all. But Kelsey leaves us a note that says they're from homeless men....and I freak out that we're going to get some disease for an extended period of time...until they inform me that it was just a joke and they are actually from the USU Catering Services. Yeah. NOT COOL OR FUNNY. [disclaimer: I didn't die, and they were actually quite delicious. Thanks roomies.]
Since today was the "first day of school," we all had to plan our outfits out like we were children again.  Emi and I accidentally planned the same shirt...and she also wore hers with matching shorts, just so she could be a salmon. [accompanying fish dance included, and no, she didn't really wear this to school. Thank heavens.]
We're cute. That's the moral of the story. We had to take pictures of us being big kids and going to college and the like, so this is us commuting around to connections. Yes, we are in the same shirt, and yes, our hair is done the same. No, we are not twins. Thank you. 
Last, but certainly not least, I Skyped with my family tonight. Yeah, they're only an hour away, but it was fantastic--other than the fact that they've already taken over my room. It's whatever. I leave the house for 3 days, and they move in to my domain, and Britt breaks her finger. I can't leave these people alone. 

So. Basically college is wonderful. I'm on new people overload, and we're all slightly scarred from the welcome dance today, but we'll live. We're not starving--yet, and we've all gotten our homework done on time--so  far. There are people in our apartment constantly and I still have no idea who half of them are, but yay for new people and not being in high school anymore. A majority of Davis High may live in Snow Hall, but other than the few boys who seem to live on our couch, we don't see much of them. Yay for college, new people, and grocery shopping by ourselves. [which was weird. super weird.]

1 comment:

  1. And now I see how I will have to find out what you are really up to at USU. Love you. Mom

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear what you think about what I have to say. Thanks for stopping by!