Wednesday, August 1, 2012

It's really a laughing matter.

aHem. Hmmm. aHEEmm. 
I apologize. I just have an important--and rather terrifying--announcement. Not that a whole lot of people read this and/or care, but as of Thursday afternoon, I will no longer be a full on brunette. [cue gasps and blonde jokes now.]
We're going for a little bit of this, mixed with a bit more blonde. Natural is a scary place to be, my friends, but here we go again. Also, so much for long lush locks. A couple inches past my shoulders and loads of layers is what I'm thinking. After all, I'm making about as many big changes in the next few weeks as I can handle...why not throw a vain change in there along with it?

I only have seven shifts left at work, and I didn't realize how weird that was until I realized that that means I only have three more nights of silverware rolling, two more batches of salsa to make, and seven more days to see all my favorite regulars. The very first couple I ever served came in today, and I laughed at how much things have changed in 10 months. I was terrified of this lady the first time, because she was all upset I didn't know she never drank the water and always ordered the same thing. Tonight though, I saw their car pull up in the far side of the parking lot and had their order sent before they even walked in. Old habits die hard, and that makes my job so much easier. I have a job interview up in Logan on Monday, and I'm super excited. Also terrified. Because that means a whole new set of reputations to build, new people to meet, and new jobs to learn. Oh well. C'est la vie. 

The Olympics are on right now too, and if cheering for hundreds of world class athletes from the USA doesn't make you proud to be an American, you have no heart. The women's gymnastics team took gold today, and Michael Phelps won his 19th Olympic Gold. Crazy, how these athletes are known world-wide...and most of them are barely past their 20's. Makes you wonder what you're doing with your life, doesn't it? 

One last thing...if anyone has any extra tickets to Wicked that they'd like to get off their hands, I'd do it willingly. Just saying. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear what you think about what I have to say. Thanks for stopping by!