Sunday, August 26, 2012

Every last disguise.

Three hours worth of Connections is a much better idea than six hours. Final convocation? Surprisingly interesting. And we're done! To celebrate, we went shopping. 
[Side story: This morning while I was walking to class, I got a text from my dad that said, "When you crawl out of bed miss 2 am blogger you'll find I put some money in your checking account. Go and buy yourself a first day of school outfit. Love m & d." Basically, it made my whole day better, and it gave me something to look forward to all day long. My parents are cooler than yours, I promise. And I love mine, a whole lot.] Emi, Kenzie and I went to the D.I. to try and find rugs for our apartment, but then we realized that would be gross. So we moved to Ross. And came home with three bags worth of clothes, but nothing for the dorm. Oh well. 
Dallin and his roommates had us come check out their "sweet" decor, and their brilliant stadium seating. Emi despises the word snuggle, so we dubbed the upper level of the couch the "snuggling couch." She and Dallin then pretended to re-enact a snuggle sesh. [I'm done saying that word forever now. It's seriously nasty. And no, there was no real snuggling going on. We did however steal some Gatorades from Vince. He's great.]
We like Twitter, and think we're more funny than we actually are. But this tweet was priceless. Especially because it's true. Singles wards/Institute scare me. Too many people my age and not enough noise. Weird. 
Max spent a majority of the evening attempting to "figure out every aspect of his life" on our kitchen counter. He didn't move while we cooked our dinner, cleaned our fish bowl, or hooked up our T.V. He's not good for much else anyway. [Just kidding. He helps us move in and offers us the service of his roommates whenever we need it.]
For graduation, I [meaning my mom] got Emi a "Crustache."  Today for lunch, she finally had the chance to use it. Really, it's probably the coolest kitchen supply we have. 
These are our fish, Frank and Flo. At one point they were a really pretty gold, but now they're more of a sick pasty white hue. It's not very pleasant actually, but we cleaned their bowl and gave them fresh water and we hope they survive the first week of school. Cross your fingers. 
My roommates are cuter than yours. And sometimes, our outfits coordinate enough that we could take family pictures if needs be. [Lauren coordinated too, she was just buying her laptop at the time and missed our tool time shot.] Really though, I lucked out on roommates. These girls make me laugh, and they think I'm funny, which doesn't happen often. We're all so different, but we get along wonderfully. [Unless you bring up the boys from 402, and that's another story entirely.] We've survived a week, and I'm sure we'll make it the rest of the year, as long as we can all get our laundry done and remember that throwing quesadillas is never a good idea. 
The institute activity was at the Eccles Ice Arena tonight, and even though I didn't get to skate--200 something pairs of skates and upwards of 700 people doesn't end well for a vast majority of the 18+ LDS community in Logan. But hey, we got free pizza.--I did get super excited for the hockey games. Kenzie and Adrienne thought the rink was freezing, but I was just so excited to be by ice again I could barely handle it. 
After the Institute activity, we went to Wal-Mart to see if we could find the cable whose absence was making our lives slightly less exciting. We found said cable, hooked up our TV, and now have access to a bazillion channels and can watch Psych, Modern Family, and TLCCCCCCCC. [The excitement was very well expressed, believe me.] We attempted to watch Hunger Games with Mitch and Josh and their crew, but resorted to our place again.] After a movie, mini golf through our stools, and a week full of change, we all crashed--hard.
Good thing church is at 11 tomorrow instead of 9, right? 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear what you think about what I have to say. Thanks for stopping by!