Sunday, August 5, 2012

They don't take me seriously.

I move in less than two weeks, people. 
[breathe. phew. okay.] I guess the moral of the story is that things are changing, and it's weirding me out. Because for someone who loves to be in charge, this whole not being in control thing is rough. But. I'll survive. Because in 13 days, I'll be up in Logan, living with some of the best people I know--in a dorm that may test all of our kindness, but still--and meeting so many new people my mind will probably explode. Yay, college. 
Emi and I are headed up tomorrow to job hunt....and any ideas would be fantastic. Do any of you know of anywhere awesome that would be hiring? Or know of a place where you could put in a good word for two girls who just want a job? That'd be cool. Let me know. 

In other news, I melted. My hair, I mean. (Although if I really had, like Elphaba in Wicked...man. I'd be cool.) And chopped a solid four inches off. Mature college hairstyles, FTW. I've also lived in a tent for the last four nights. The first three, because my little sisters wanted me to. Last night? Because I put my sheets in the wash and forgot to dry them, dangit. Welp. 

AND! Hailee, Emi and I discovered a beautiful app. It's probably old news, but Bump brought us far too much pleasure last night. And in a week that has been filled with far too little pleasure, this was a much needed reprieve--if sending each other the best pictures we had of Emi is pleasure, I guess. To each his her own? But really. This app is cool. You have to all have it in order for it to work, but then once you do...beauty. Each phone opens it, and selects the pictures or contacts you want to "bump" to the other person. Then you fist bump the other persons phone (or come up with more creative ways...which we've spent far too much time doing already.) and the pictures are simultaneously transferred to each phone, and automatically saved to your photo album. Simple pleasures, for some not so simple minds. 

And. Fantastic Mr. Fox? Excellent. We're mature. What of it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear what you think about what I have to say. Thanks for stopping by!