Thursday, January 19, 2012

In love with the idea of being in love.

I'm a TA for Terri Hall 2nd period, and they're reading The Count of Monte Cristo.
This book is my favorite book, in the history of books. No lie.
They did a bunch of discussion questions today, and one of them was:
Is it possible to fall in love more than once?
Being sophomores, they have some pretty...ideal views on love.
Oh, its so romantic; oh, its so beautiful; the usual.
But what Terri pointed out was that sometimes, people change.
And you can love them, but you're not in love with them anymore.
As a senior, I know I know nothing about real love, and I'm okay with that.
But I also know that what I know now is different then these kids.


You will meet people in your life that will change you, and you will swear you're in love with them. But later, as you meet more and more people, you'll realize that you just loved them.

There's a quote that says, "Someday you'll meet someone who will make you understand why it never worked out with anybody else."


Because really, we can claim we're in love over and over and over, but we'll never know what that really is until we meet the one.



So yes, I believe you can fall in love more than once. But it's a temporary thing,

And it grows in intensity everytime, until finally, nothing can surpass the emotional attachment and depth of feeling that you have for that person.


And I'm quite excited to find that person.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear what you think about what I have to say. Thanks for stopping by!