Monday, January 23, 2012

It seems now that a thousand summers have past.

Last night, I spent about a year and a half french braiding my hair so that it would look grand this morning [it didn't, but that's beside the point.]
I had Pandora playing, and I was kind of off in my own little world.
Then, Taylor Swift's "Back to December" came on, and my eyes suddenly went to the bouquet of dried flowers I have hanging on my wall.


You know when you think you're over something, but it turns out that you're really not?
It's like a suckerpunch, and it hurts.
I miss the friends I used to have, and the way they knew me better than anyone else. I miss the things we'd do for each other, only because we cared.

So while I was Pocahontas braiding my hair, and thinking about a bouquet of purple daisies, the song changed.

Oh, wise one, if you knew the answer,
Why'd you ask the question?
Oh, wise one if you're such a someone,
Why do you give nothing to anyone?
You've wiggled your way into me time and again,
You love to speak your mind.
But now it's fair to say I'm not open today,
To have my heart twisted up.
My confidence says I am worth it today,
So try and change its mind.
Kiss your sweet girl away, you've found your fate.
Now you will know what lonely pays.


I guess what goes around, comes around. And regardless of flowers that won't be coming back, and friends that have gone away,

I'm happy. And that's all that really matters.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear what you think about what I have to say. Thanks for stopping by!