Saturday, January 21, 2012

We all tried to grow up too fast.


Life is moving at a scary pace, and I don't know how-or if I want to even try-to slow it down.
I remember when I was little, watching all the 17 and 18 year old kids attend farewells in my ward and thinking, "That will never be me. That's so far away."
I remember watching my neighbors go on dates, get married, have kids, etc; and thinking, "I'm never going to grow up."
I remember saying goodbye to my uncle Andy the night before he moved up to college, and thinking, "Someday, I want to be there too. But I'll never be old enough."

And now?

I'm the one attending the farewells, and waiting in anticipation as my best friends start getting their mission calls.
I'm the one going on dates, watching my friends get married, and attending way too many bridal showers.
I'm the one moving out, and watching my siblings ask, "When can I go too?"

I love the fact that I made it this far, and I love the fact that I'm getting ready to fend for myself.
It's weird to think that I'll be on my own in less than 9 months, making my own decisions, cooking my own meals, and living my own life. It's weird to think that I'm "grown up."

Sometimes, I miss the ease of childhood. The wonder of being little. The awe of life.
Now though, I appreciate it that much more; and really,

I think I'm ready.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear what you think about what I have to say. Thanks for stopping by!