Sunday, February 10, 2013

Keep looking up.

I GOT A LETTER. 
[And yes, that is just how I announced it to the entire Lundstrom Student Center Friday morning.] It's funny how much better someone can make you feel even when you haven't talked to them in a week and a half. 
Then, I had a conference with one of my English professors to have my first college essay critiqued and reviewed. We had to do a five page analysis of a work of poetry, and I was not exactly excited about the assignment. BUT. I got in there, and he handed me my essay and said, "My only suggestion? Work on your title. It sucks. You're an excellent writer." 
Day made. 
Laundry is free in the LSC all week, and we took advantage of that...at one a.m. 
And obviously, the hour got to our heads. But good news, we have clean dish rags now. 
Even though Friday was wonderful, Saturday was...less than great. I had to work at five, after spending three hours on the phone with some of the incoming freshmen. I was planning on being home by midnight at the very latest...and then we remembered that the Mardi Gras dance on campus wouldn't be over until 1:00. I left work at 4 a.m. I love my job, but not that much.

Now it's time for Sunday dinner, the Grammy's, and a Joseph Smith fireside in the Spectrum. I'm a happy girl. 

1 comment:

  1. Heaven bless the U.S. mail system.

    Heaven BLESS nice comments from professors. And well-deserved nice comments I might add! You go, girl. :)

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear what you think about what I have to say. Thanks for stopping by!