Friday, February 15, 2013

Luck of the draw.

To say that yesterday was absolutely wonderful would be a serious understatement. 
My English professor gave some more ego-boosting compliments to my essay [and asked for ideas on how to make students interested in my favorite book, The Count of Monte Cristo.]
My next English professor told me that she'd finished editing my essay and she thought I was a "captivating writer and [she] enjoyed every word of [my essay]."
After I shared this Valentine's picture from my mom [caption: "Ashley, I mustache you to be my Valentine] with my institute teacher, he told me my sister was probably the cutest little girl he'd seen in a long time. [I agreed of course.]
Lauren, Kenzie, Emi, Adrienne and I went on a "date" to the Hub for bagels and cream cheese. 
I actually stayed awake in physics!
Dylan sent me a picture of some flowers and a sweet Valentine's day message. [And I talked to him for the first time in weeks. In case you were wondering, it sucks having one best friend gone for two years and the other in Alabama. Don't try this at home.]
I got a surprise letter from Bronson, and Jon and I were able to mail the cookies in time for him to get them before he flies to Detroit Monday morning. 
I got to wear a pink game day shirt to work, and everyone was in a wonderful mood. 
The cooks surprised me and Heidi with flowers, chocolates, cards, and teddy bears. [Two random girls we'd never seen in our lives walked in with these huge bags and bouquets and boxes and asked for us. The looks on the faces of the people in the restaurant were priceless.]
Jon, Tenille, Kaydee, Dylan, Mike, and Stephen came in to work and paid me all sorts of compliments and tips. 
Paige told me that she'd read this happy blog and thought that I was just great and she wanted to hang out with me and my roommates more because our lives sounded so fun. [They are. Promise.]
I came home to a bouquet of roses and a sweet note from Bronson. [Side story: In my letter today, there was a letter for Jon. All I saw of it was the envelope it was sealed tight in, that said "This is for Jon. Don't you DARE read it." I assumed it was some secret bro code, and I wasn't going to read it anyway. I don't think any of you understand how lucky I am to have boys like Bronson and Jon and Dylan in my life to keep me sane and remind me, constantly, that I am loved.]


The moral of the story is, I love Valentine's Day. And yesterday definitely gave me another million and a half reasons to love it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear what you think about what I have to say. Thanks for stopping by!