Sunday, February 17, 2013

Too much too soon.

You can only see so many sunsets before it becomes just something that happens at six o'clock every night. 
You can only hear your favorite song so many times before it becomes just a sequence of notes. 
Your favorite meal can only be eaten so many times before it becomes just another serving of food. 
You only have to do something 23 times (give or take a few) before it becomes habit. 
But I don't think I'll ever get used to saying goodbye. I don't think it ever gets easier, I'm certainly never going to look forward to it, and I'm not seeing any good in goodbye. 

I said goodbye to Hailee tonight, for a year and a half. 
At the same time, I decided that my heart is officially being split into pieces and headed to various places. 
A very large part of it leaves for Detroit at 7:30 tomorrow morning. 
Part of it lives in Alabama. 
Another part of it enters the Provo MTC this Wednesday, and will head to Paris, France in roughly 8 weeks. [That piece will be joined by another in April. Two of my best friends serving in the same mission. There is no justice in the world.]
A piece of it will head to Hong Kong April 3rd. 
Another part will find out where it's headed the second week in March. 

I guess you could say that for the next 18-24 months, I'm going to be a rather heartless individual. OR you could say that for the next two years, I'm going to learn to love like I never have before. My mailbox is going to become ridiculously international, and there's a good chance my hand may actually fall off from all the letters I'm going to be writing. 

I'm so sick of saying goodbye I can hardly handle it, but I'm so proud of my best friends I can hardly contain it. 
Good luck out there, Hailee. I'm going to miss you like crazy, but you're going to be the best missionary Paris has ever seen. See ya in 18. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear what you think about what I have to say. Thanks for stopping by!