Tuesday, February 5, 2013

Someday's on it's way.

I love February. Mainly because it's the month of love...and I love love, every kind of it. The way I love my best friends, the boys in my life, my family, my sisters, my neighbors, the Gospel, A-Team, Katy Perry, and my job. It's mind-blowing how complex the heart is, and how incredibly simple it is at the same time.  Needless to say, I love cheesy valentines, flowers, and lots of chocolate.

It's no secret that I'm a rather loud individual. I'm not very good at keeping things to myself, and subtlety has never been my strong point. I'm also a bit of a girly girl...I love glitter, shopping, and can talk just about anybody's ear off. So at work, the cooks have taken to calling me "Barbie" because of my overly dramatic and apparently entertaining manner of doing everything. I knew they called me that, but was rather surprised when a table said, "Excuse me miss, we have a question. Is our ticket wrong? Or is it your nametag?" I looked down at their ticket, and sure enough, my name was now Barbie. My manager, Matt, laughed for probably ten straight minutes...and then left it there all weekend. I got some seriously strange looks from my customers, but the story made everybody laugh--and everybody agreed once they saw how animated our conversations were and how it's nearly impossible for me to talk without using my hands. 
Speaking of my personality...my parents and the Fife's have developed this odd hang-up on the "Color-Code" personality test. So during our Super Bowl party this Sunday, we all took the test. My poor mom...she's stuck with a red husband, and three red children. We're all power hungry and determined individuals....and yet she's the only person who can out-talk me and gets a word in edgewise when I'm around. 
Speaking of the Super Bowl, we throw a better party than you do...guaranteed. Piles of ribs, plates of fruit, vegetables, dip, chips, guacamole, and bowls of Muddy Buddies make for some very happy neighbors. 
 Now, after writing a five page paper in a single night, working a five hour shift, and with a 9 am class staring me in the face, it's time for bed.
 Goal of the week: Be in bed before midnight at least once.


P.S. MY WINDOW IS FIXED, FOLKS. Driving home was freezing to say the least, but then my dad is a superhero and got the window up. (It won't go down...no more drive thrus for me I guess!) Now, I have a car I'm not going to freeze to death in, and another reason why my dad is better than yours. 

Night, kiddos. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear what you think about what I have to say. Thanks for stopping by!