Tuesday, February 26, 2013

Back to basics.

This morning, I found out that one of my friends had lost his mom. No one wants to get that news, and it was a complete shock to all of us. 
I never knew Andrew's mom, but I know Andrew really well. He's one of the funniest people I know, and he always has a smile on his face. Andrew is truly brilliant, and he's always up to talk. He keeps me company during missionary farewells, and his spontaneous karaoke performances never cease to entertain us all. And when I heard that his mom had passed away, my heart broke. 
Losing someone you love is the hardest thing in the world; and nothing will ever make it okay. 
Today has been a simple reminder to me that I need to be more grateful for my family, and for the knowledge I have that I can be with them forever. I'm so grateful for this gospel and for the comfort it brings to me every day. 
I know that nothing we say can make the hurt go away when someone loses a loved one. But I hope that our knowledge of eternal families can bring peace. 
Give your friends and family an extra hug today, and tell your mom you love her. And pray for the Hough family. 
We love you, Andrew.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear what you think about what I have to say. Thanks for stopping by!