Monday, November 26, 2012

Back to reality.

Thanksgiving break was wonderful. Even though I was home for a grand total of maybe 48 hours, having no school for five days was blissful. I had to work Tuesday night, so I got to stay up in Logan all by myself until Wednesday afternoon. [It's terrifying. I don't recommend it.] But when I got home Wednesday, I got to go to lunch with three of my favorite human beings. After working with Kaylene, Kim and Ally for nine months on our "baby" of a girls' camp, I decided I want to be just like Kim and Kaylene when I grow up. Seriously. These ladies are the best of the best. [So are Tara and Julie and all the girls on our committee, I just went to lunch with these three.] Kim and Kaylene got this chicken sandwich...and while Kaylene's was decent sized, Kim's was a seriously half a chicken on a bun, paired with a head of lettuce and a massive pickle. Watching her eat it was entertaining, to say the very least. Long story short, I am so glad I have these ladies in my life. They're on the list of people I look up to the very most, and if I could be half as awesome as Kaylene and Kim are when I'm grown up, I'll be satisfied.
The next best part of coming home was being with my baby sisters. There's nothing better than having a sleepover with your three-year-old sister, especially when she talks in her sleep. [I woke up Wednesday night to her rubbing my hair. I asked her what on earth she was doing, and her only response was, "Ash. Your hair is soooo soft." I just rolled over and went back to bed.] She's also the only one who will take funny face pictures with me, so we took an abundance of them. I forget how much I miss these kiddos until I come back up to school and Doc McStuffins isn't on our TV, and there's not a massive pile of toys waiting behind the chair. Needless to say, I like my family.
Of course, Thanksgiving is about being grateful for what we have. And I was very grateful for the food. Turkey, mashed potatoes, green beans, salad with homemade dressing, raspberry jello salad, rolls, and my Grandma's creamed corn and zupfa. I'm telling you people, this meal alone could keep me satisfied until the new year. And everyone knows the leftovers are the best part...which would be why I have a loaf of zupfa in my cupboard. It's the best part of the meal.
Last, but definitely not least, I got to see one of my best friends. Emily moved to Kaysville right before senior year started, and from then on we did everything together. She and I got a job at the same restaurant, were in all the same dance groups, and she's the one I dragged around with me everywhere I went. Her sister did my hair, and I think she owes me at least her first child for all the lunches I bought her. It's probably fine.:) But then, at the end of June, she went to California for the summer to help her aunt and I didn't see her again until right before I moved up to school. Going two months without your best friend sucks, so we survived the first three months of college with Skype--and lots of it. But this Sunday, I forced her to come to a farewell with me. Even though she's three hours away at BYU-I hate it here, she's one of my best friends. And my sister. And I miss her like crazy. But in two weeks? She'll be home for good. And I've never been more excited. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear what you think about what I have to say. Thanks for stopping by!