Wednesday, November 7, 2012

It's been here all along.

November 5th: Today I'm grateful for number 12. :) Dylan has been one of my best friends since we were in first grade, and I can honestly say I can't remember a time when he wasn't there for me. He's one of the very few people I will answer a call from at 3 am, because he's stranded in an airport somewhere, and one of even fewer people who I will put up with constant teasing. Because the kid really is my big brother. He's going to school in Alabama right now, and I miss the kid like crazy--a fact I let him know at least a million times a week. I don't get to see him often at all, but he'll always be one of my very best friends, regardless of where we are or what we're doing with our lives. And I'm so grateful for a friendship like that.

November 6th: The best part of this picture is the fact that it's my two best friends, together. Bronson and Dylan may be as different as you could possibly get, but they're always the first two people I go to about anything. Bronson's helped me deal with just about everything, and he knows exactly what to say and how to say it to make me smile. Even though he teases me constantly, I figure it's worth putting up with. Because I really don't know where I'd be without him. He's put up with a lot from me, and he still sticks around. And I'm so grateful for a best friend like that.
The moral of the story is, without these two boys, I wouldn't be who I am today. They know me better than anybody else, and yet they still put up with me every day of their lives. They're the sweetest boys I've met, and I wouldn't trade them for anything in the world--and that's a fact.

November 7th: And today? I'm grateful for my ginger. Maddy and I have known each other since before we even started elementary school, and even though we haven't always gotten along....(like, ever, really. Until the last few years.) She's one of the best people I've ever known. Maddy drives me to be better at everything I do, and she's taught me so many things. She's not afraid to stand up for her opinions, and is willing to fight for what she wants. She's talented, inspired, and one of the best advice givers I know. And even though she's at BYU (We all make mistakes. ;)) I'll always be grateful for her and the influence she's had and continues to have on me. So, my crazy ginger best friend, here's to you.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear what you think about what I have to say. Thanks for stopping by!